Wednesday 8 August 2012

Grandma's Sewing Table

Grandma's Sewing Table by Redlanne
Grandma's Sewing Table, a photo by Redlanne on Flickr.
Not quite what the title would imply. This is a table, this was my Grandma's and it currently has a lot of my sewing paraphernalia on it.  This photo and post was inspired by this recent post The Sewing Table « « Alabama Chanin Alabama Chanin.

The table that is featured in the photo was for many years the hallway console table in my Grandma & Grandad's house.  When my Grandma passed on my mother was loath to see it pass out of the family, due to its unique history.  She "persuaded" me to have it,and now I would not be parted from it.  It was originally an apprentice piece made by the gentleman who my Great-Grandfather (my Grandma's father) was apprenticed to. This means it was made late in the 19th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...