Friday 3 October 2008

I succumbed

To the overlocker purchase. I have had it for a few weeks now and I love it:

My City and Guilds training kicked in and produced:
samples.

Whilst some people get straight down to it and produce cute dresses, or great sports tops - I had to do some sampling. The Sadist in me had to try the full 8-thread stitch option:
Eventually I knuckled down and produced this exciting project:

Hmmm I can tell you are a little underwhelmed. (its a pockety thingy for all the trimmings from my overlocker, if you were wondering).

Okay I admit it, its freakishly fast (even for this seasoned free machine embroiderer) not only has it got needles - its got blades (and I want to keep my fingers intact). I am sure I will produce something more exciting but I think I have a little catching up to do with my "Summer" sketchbook (read last minute October sketchbook).

Random thought/rant/cry: Why oh why oh why do I get so terrified of drawing and painting and generally doodling? It should be something pleasurable and almost second nature. There is a lot behind G's theory that every 8 year old child can draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...