Tuesday 1 September 2009

My First Exhibition

Last weekend started off busy as I was putting the finishing touches to this:

My first solo exhibtion! It is part of the larger county wide exhibition organised by Hampshire Libraries: New Artists in Libraries. This year the spotlight is on textiles so encouraged by Mr. Happy (now also known as my Exhibition Manager) and C, I appeared in front of a selection panel in April and was selected to show my work in Havant. The exhibition runs from now until the end of September.

I received the brochure in the post a few days ago and found that amongst some others our artist biographies have been missed out so just our pictures and no infomation is shown. So I include it here:

"Kitty Redwood

I have stitched, painted, dyed and embellished textiles since my teenage years, using the medium of textiles to express my creative side whilst studying and working in another discipline. I have taken this further by completing a City & Guilds course in Design and Embroidery at Eastleigh College.


Currently, I am finding inspiration in folklore and cultural references, in particular the work presented here explores the use of traditional contemporary proverbs and quotes to convey life experiences in a layered language. Colour plays an important part in my work, using my own hand dyed fabric and threads to achieve vibrancy and texture."

I appreciate some of my regular readers won't be able to make it over to Havant, so I have decided to have a little bit of a mini online exhibition during the month of September. Also some people may have made their way over here after seeing my work so I will talk a little bit about the background of my exhibition pieces as well as peek inside my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...