Saturday 8 December 2012

Craftsy BOTM 2012 Catch up 3

1. Craftsy BOTM 13, 2. Craftsy BOTM 14, 3. Craftsy BOTM 15, 4. Craftsy BOTM 16
July saw me getting a little behind, but I got on track when I saw that it required (well not really but it was a good excuse) for a new tool.  It was the month of Dresden plates - one tradional and one a little more contemporary.  As I didn't trust myself to be that accurate with a homemade template, I treated myself to a tool for guidance - nice and quick with a mini rotary cutter.  I think the best bit was picking out all the different fabrics and mixing them up for the traditional plate.  I could see myself playing with my scrap fabrics and producing a cushion cover or a few blocks for another quilt this way.

August (well October/November) was a return to basics with some star blocks - Ohio & Double Star. Covering quarter square triangles and introducing flying geese in the double star block.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...