Monday 17 December 2012

Craftsy BOTM 2012 Catch up 4

1. Craftsy BOTM 17, 2. Craftsy BOTM 18, 3. Craftsy BOTM 19, 4. Craftsy BOTM 20
The September and October Blocks were really completed in November - I had got that far behind.  But the fabric was bought so I am going to get this quilt finished.

Septembers blocks involved curved piecing, with the Chain block pattern and Cleopatra's puzzle block.  I tried a special foot for curved piecing (like my tools/toys) but with lack of experience and at this size it was a no-go.  I will probably return to this foot when trying a larger curved piece, but for these blocks I went with the plenty of pins method.  Once all the pieces were pinned the sewed up quickly. At least the templates and my small rotary cutter made quick work of the cutting for these blocks.

The October lesson involved paper piecing - which I found quite fun but needed a little planning up front to ensure the fabric pieces were large enough and placed in the correct areas.  The blocks are Friendship Circle and Circle of geese (template for this were designed and provided by piecebynumber.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...